Re: Oracle and Dotnet

From: Moritz Klein <mklein_at_students.uni-mainz.de>
Date: Fri, 03 Jun 2005 18:34:43 +0200

xhoster_at_gmail.com schrieb:

> SQLplus is not doing the looping. It is merely submitting an anonymous
> pl/sql block to the database, and the looping is occuring on the server
> and not the client. That is why it is fast, there is no net traffic for
> each individual row. You could have submitted that pl/sql block from .net
> rather than from SQLplus (or at least I think you could have, I've never
> actually done it) and get the same results.

> Does .net support array binds?

Yes it does. That was one of the things I tried to point out by asking about round-trips, because reducing them gives you better performance. Take a look at "Oracle Data Provider for .NET Developer's Guide" or look at this How To: http://www.oracle.com/technology/sample_code/tech/windows/odpnet/howto/arraybind/index.html

hth,
 Moritz Received on Fri Jun 03 2005 - 11:34:43 CDT