Re: High Performance Server Side Programming - Which Language

From: <nicholas.wakefield_at_gmail.com>
Date: 3 Jun 2005 10:02:51 -0700

I certainly would like to divulge the reason for doing this but I would probably break some kind of NDA. But loading the array/varray/table and accessing it is not a real concern for me what I was most interested in was an opinion on choice of languages, if there was a valid and better alternative to PLSQL. So you can fully understand how I'm doing it in PL/SQL here is the basic package structure. Joining to the seed table is an option for read only operations but as it doesn't join on the PK updates are not an option. So a function is used, it also makes life easier for the dba and developers later on. So I think the real question is, Is it possible to add to the list of SQL extensions in a way the would result in better performance than the PL/SQL below.

  TYPE itemStore IS TABLE OF myTable.field1%TYPE INDEX BY BINARY_INTEGER;
   items itemStore;

Thanks Received on Fri Jun 03 2005 - 12:02:51 CDT