Re: Oracle and Dotnet

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 22:21:07 +0200

On Thu, 02 Jun 2005 19:53:48 GMT, Larry <larry_at_larry.com> wrote:

>No, I am not a DBA, and yes, I know very little about Oracle.
>OTOH, I know very little about MySQL but I was able to get 7250 inserts
>per second out of it as opposed to the 35 per second in Oracle.
>
>This is not Oracle VS MySQL because I know that Oracle is a more
>complete product. All I really wanted was opinions from Oracle DBA's as
>to what they have to say since our contracted DBA's seem to want to
>blame dotnet.
>
>In essence, I am looking for ammunition from other Oracle DBA's to
>counter what our DBA's are saying.
>
>Thanks for your comment...but you weren't very helpful!

Ahh but then of course you are expecting people here are clairvoyant aren't you? You provide very little or actually no non-trivial information, apart from 'it doesn't work', and you expect us to shoot in the dark, or the provide a complete free of charge advice as to what to do.
You might very well being handicapped by improperly sized online redolog files, your program might commit every individual insert, you might parse every individual statement every time ... Which is all killing performance! Who are members of this group to decide what is going on? If you post a generic request, be prepared to receive generic responses, and don't try to blame anyone for doing so!

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA