Re: Oracle and Dotnet

From: Larry <larry_at_larry.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Jun 2005 19:53:48 GMT

Sybrand Bakker wrote:

>>Csharp.  I have a single table, with a single field (varchar(20)), no
>>indexes at all.

> Tells it all.
> Likely much more is wrong. Your problem is you don't know Oracle and
> the Oracle DBAs you hired also didn't knew Oracle.

Well, actually, you're missing the whole point here.

I created a simple table with a single field and no index to make the insert test as simple as possible. This is just an insert test. This is not the final 'product'.

No, I am not a DBA, and yes, I know very little about Oracle. OTOH, I know very little about MySQL but I was able to get 7250 inserts per second out of it as opposed to the 35 per second in Oracle.

This is not Oracle VS MySQL because I know that Oracle is a more complete product. All I really wanted was opinions from Oracle DBA's as to what they have to say since our contracted DBA's seem to want to blame dotnet.

In essence, I am looking for ammunition from other Oracle DBA's to counter what our DBA's are saying.

Thanks for your comment...but you weren't very helpful! Received on Thu Jun 02 2005 - 14:53:48 CDT