Re: Relate V$SQL.ROWS_PROCESSED/V$SYSSTAT.NAME='logical reads' ??

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 2 Jun 2005 20:20:28 +0000 (UTC)

It's a very sensible idea.

There will be times where timing errors
make the numbers misleading, and there
will be statements where variations in the data distribution will make the average
logical I/Os per row misleading - that's just the typical problem with averages - but the measure of 'work done per row
acquired' is a useful clue to inefficient SQL. There are a few points to work through,
though, to refine the idea for (e.g.)
aggregate queries, multi-table queries,
queries with filtering sub-queries.

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

Public Appearances - schedule updated April 5th 2005