Re: How to get single developer licence with support?

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 17:29:24 +0200

HansF wrote:

> Yes. It's called the Oracle Personal Edition. Allows you to purchase
> Support and media.
>
> Has all the funcitonality of the Enterprise Edition but is limited toa
> single user, and is intended to be used by Developers who need Support.
>
> See http://oraclestore.oracle.com

Hans, didn't know that, and checked the store. On the Personal Edition, there's a note: "Coupled with Oracle Technology Network technical resources, discussion forums and complete product documentation, the Personal Edition gives software developers... (marketing blah snip!)".

Nothing about Metalink, and patches, just OTN. This may be a local thing (I checked the dutch site), but anything like the above makes me very suspicious. Especially if there's no such note on SE1, or SE, or EE.
Actually - no note of support at all - maybe later in the buying process.

--
Regards,
Frank van Bortel