Re: How to get single developer licence with support?

From: HansF <News.Hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Apr 2005 13:51:36 GMT

On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 11:00:51 +0200, Thomas interested us by writing:

> Hello,
>
> I want to test and develop with Oracle 9.2 standard on my private WinXP
> prof. laptop. As far as I know, I can freely download and use the 9.2.0.1
> version. But unfortunately I ran into an ORA-600-error which does not occur
> on the 9.2.0.6 machines in my company. Because I do not have a support
> contract, I have no metalink access. What is the cheapest official way to
> get the current patches? Is there a single developer licence with support,
> which does not cost thousands of dollars?
>
> Thanks,
> Thomas

Yes. It's called the Oracle Personal Edition. Allows you to purchase Support and media.

Has all the funcitonality of the Enterprise Edition but is limited toa single user, and is intended to be used by Developers who need Support.

See http://oraclestore.oracle.com

--
Hans Forbrich
mailto: Fuzzy.GreyBeard_at_gmail.com