Advice on oracle 7 migration

From: Ujang M Zainudin <Ujang_mz_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 21 Dec 2004 19:10:17 -0800

Dear all,

I have been maintaining oracle 9i for about a year. In that one year I have had to perform migration of oracle 8.0.5 to 9i and it was just the database. No forms or reports involved. I had really a tough time doing it and a lots of stuff didn't get transfered over. I had a tough time answering to the management. But that was over and done with.

Now I have an even bigger migration task in my hand.

Current Application:
- SQLFORMS3.0 - 300 programs consisting 29,000 triggers mostly

SQLFORMS2.3 macro.

- SQLRPT1.0 - 1100 programs consisting 390,000 lines of codes.

As i understand it, there is no direct way to convert oracle 7 to 10. I would have to do it in stages, 7 to 8 first and then to 10. Is this really the case?
And regarding the application, I have zero experience and haven't got a clue of how to go about it.

Dear all... I am willing to listen/read any advise at all. Maybe there are
tools out there that can help with this. If you know any please let me know.

Regards,
-Ujang Received on Tue Dec 21 2004 - 21:10:17 CST