Re: Advice on oracle 7 migration

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.verwijderdit.demon.nl>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2004 07:49:34 +0100

On 21 Dec 2004 19:10:17 -0800, Ujang_mz_at_yahoo.com (Ujang M Zainudin) wrote:

>Dear all... I am willing to listen/read any advise at all. Maybe there
>are
>tools out there that can help with this. If you know any please let me
>know.

If you care for your own health: Quit the company. NOW! Your task is impossible.
Forms 3.0 needs to be converted to Forms 4.5 first. It likely won't buy the 2.3 exemaco code, it should have been converted to 3.0 code in the first place.
Having done that, there is still a huge gap between forms 4.5 and developer 9i.
SQLRPT 1.0: if that is really RPT/RPF, just throw away your programs.

Your company looks like the Japanese soldier returning from the forest after 50 years, thinking WW II isn't yet over.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA