Create Database Script..

From: Arijit Chatterjee <arijitchatterjee123_at_yahoo.co.in>
Date: 2 Sep 2004 05:42:22 -0700

Dear All,
I am trying to create a Database through commandline. Each and everyline is explained over here.But I am getting no output as well as no errors.

PlatForm Windows 2003(OS)
Oracle8i Enterprise Edition 8.1.7.0.0

====================Step 1=====================================
oradim -new -sid tempdb -intpwd tempdb -startmode manual -pfile E:\Oracle\admin\tempdb\pfile\inittempdb.ora
====================Step 2=====================================
SET ORACLE_SID=tempdb
====================Step 3=====================================
SQLPLUS /NOLOG
====================Step 4=====================================
CONNECT internal/tempdb as SYSDBA
====================Step 5=====================================
STARTUP PFILE=E:\Oracle\admin\tempdb\pfile\inittempdb.ora NOMOUNT
====================Step 6=====================================
Before this I created tempdb Directory at the appropriate Location

CREATE DATABASE tempdb

    CONTROLFILE REUSE

    LOGFILE  'E:\Oracle\oradata\tempdb\redo01.log'   SIZE 1M REUSE,
             'E:\Oracle\oradata\tempdb\redo02.log'   SIZE 1M REUSE,
             'E:\Oracle\oradata\tempdb\redo03.log'   SIZE 1M REUSE,
             'E:\Oracle\oradata\tempdb\redo04.log'   SIZE 1M REUSE
    DATAFILE 'E:\Oracle\oradata\tempdb\system01.dbf' SIZE 10M REUSE
      AUTOEXTEND ON
      NEXT 10M MAXSIZE 200M

    ARCHIVELOG
    CHARACTER SET WE8ISO8859P1
    NATIONAL CHARACTER SET UTF8;

All the ControlFiles and datafile are created in appropriate Directory.But After that it is not moving any more.It took time upto six hours but coursor was blinking on the next line no error nothing.

My inittempdb.ora is Containing

open_cursors = 300
max_enabled_roles = 30
db_file_multiblock_read_count = 8 # INITIAL

db_block_buffers = 100 # INITIAL

shared_pool_size = 3500000 # INITIAL

large_pool_size = 614400
java_pool_size = 20971520

log_checkpoint_interval = 10000
log_checkpoint_timeout = 1800

processes = 50 # INITIAL

parallel_max_servers = 2 # SMALL

log_buffer = 32768 # INITIAL

max_dump_file_size = 10240 # limit trace file size to 5M each

global_names = true

oracle_trace_collection_name = ""

background_dump_dest = E:\Oracle\admin\tempdb\bdump

user_dump_dest = E:\Oracle\admin\tempdb\udump

db_block_size = 8192

remote_login_passwordfile = exclusive

os_authent_prefix = ""

job_queue_processes = 4
job_queue_interval = 10
open_links = 4

distributed_transactions = 500

mts_dispatchers = "(PROTOCOL=TCP)(SER=MODOSE)"

mts_dispatchers = "(PROTOCOL=TCP)(PRE=oracle.aurora.server.SGiopServer)"

compatible = 8.1.0
sort_area_size = 65536
sort_area_retained_size = 65536

Hope the question is properly define.
Regards
Arijit Chatterjee Received on Thu Sep 02 2004 - 07:42:22 CDT