Re: REPOST: RMAN question

From: Ed Stevens <nospam_at_noway.nohow>
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2004 07:43:29 -0500

On Wed, 01 Sep 2004 22:22:04 -0700, Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:

<snippage>

<off-topic slippage>

>Ok with me. Going back to my Cobol days and thinking about the year 2000
>I considered forever to be about 20 years and so did all of my
>contemporaries. ;-)

Even though I haven't written a line of Cobol in several years, I still consider myself an unrepentant Cobol programmer. And as such I still find myself taking umbrage at even a hint that the Y2k problem was a Cobol problem. As every Cobol programmer must realize, Y2k was never a "Cobol issue" but a system design issue that usually -- and coincidentally -- was implemented in Cobol. And could have been written in any other language.

(Don't even get me started about my feelings regarding the "demise" of Cobol . . . )

;-)

</off-topic slippage>

<snippage> Received on Thu Sep 02 2004 - 07:43:29 CDT