Re: Latch free waits..

From: Ron <support_at_dbainfopower.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jul 2004 13:41:22 -0700

Hello Richard,

  Good points on debugging individual sessions (10046 is a good start, but to get to the root cause you'd need to do more digging).

  May be I misunderstood, but I though that OP had latching issue with number on sessions, not a single one (OP can confirm, if not):

"
High amount of latch free waits is slowing down sessions on db.. any ideas on how to debug further?
"

   BTW - statspack is good to collect information on individual sessions as well:

execute statspack.snap(i_session_id=><N>);

Cheers

   Ron,
   Support
   DBA Infopower