Re: isqlplus is not reachable

From: Alison Holloway <alison.holloway_at_oracle.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 17:22:44 +1000

Can wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> Some days ago the isqlplus service was reachable but now it seems something
> has changed - the site just doesn't show up...
>
> Where could I start to search for problem?
>
> Some useful info:
> Oracle 10g, on Fedora Core 2
> I don't remember having changed the firewall settings - so I guess it's not
> a firewall matter. The service isn't even reachable through localhost.
> Enterprise Manager console (port 5500) is working, so the OC4J server seems
> to be ok.
> I try to start isqlplus with: "isqlplusctl start"
> output is:
> iSQL*Plus 10.1.0.2.0
> Copyright (c) 2004 Oracle. All rights reserved.
> Starting iSQL*Plus ...
> iSQL*Plus started.
>
> But when I try to stop it (isqlplusctl stop), it says:
> iSQL*Plus 10.1.0.2.0
> Copyright (c) 2004 Oracle. All rights reserved.
>
> Stopping iSQL*Plus ...
> Error: Unable to find java:comp/ServerAdministrator: Lookup error:
> java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused; nested exception is:
>

> I deleted the database once (not the whole server), and created a new one
> with a different name - could this be the reason? I re-ran emca, and changed
> the listener configuration.
> But again: the webbased Enterprise Manager is working....
>

> Thanks in advance for any clues.
>
> kind regards,
> Can Oezdemir

The error you are seeing when stopping iSQL*Plus occurs if iSQL*Plus wasn't running in the first place. It looks like iSQL*Plus isn't starting properly in the first place. iSQL*Plus runs in its own OC4J instance and is separate from Enterprise Manager. Did you change anything to do with iSQL*Plus or OC4J?

Alison Received on Mon Jun 28 2004 - 02:22:44 CDT