Re: OMLETv4 The Ultimate Instance Monitor

From: Norman Dunbar <Norman_at_JUNKTHISBIT.Bountiful.Demon.co.uk>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 08:41:38 +0100

On 26 Jun 2004 11:17:01 -0700, omlet_at_omlet.org wrote:

>Dear DBA,
>> >
>> > You are cordially invited to test and review our windows native and
>> > 100% pure Java Oracle 9i/8i Monitoring Application (OMLET). OMLET is
>> > the Ultimate Visual Real Time Oracle Monitoring Tool.

I cordially visited your site and found this :

<quote>
5- Set the following three init.ora parameters to:

                       session_cached_cursors = 200
                       timed_statistics = true
                      alter system set timed_statistics = true;

    or add the above three parameters to init.ora and bounce the instance.
<unquote>

What three init.ora parameters then - that's only two. Unless you count the third line, which is not an init.ora parameter, its an SQL statement to change one.

Didn't you rant on and on at Howard for spelling 'bandwidth' incorrectly recently - Mr Pot, meet Mr Kettle.

>> > As the
>> > leading expert in your field, your opinion is highly valued and your
>> > feedback is very appreciated.

See above - and by the way, I don't have a field, only a very small garden. I do have a pond with frogs in though - does that count ?

>> > We would like to encourage you to distribute
>> > copies of OMLET to your associates and fellow DBAs. Omlet can be
>> > downloaded from:
>> >
>> > http://www.geocities.com/teraknowledgesystems/download.html
>> >
>> > or any of many mirrors worldwide:
>> >
>> > http://www.iboogie.com/search?q=omlet+oracle
>> >
>> > Thank you for your time and participation.
>> >

>> > Cheers,
>> >
>> > The OMLET Team
>> > Tera Knowledge Systems, Inc.
>>
>> I clicked on this link to say thank you for posting to the correct group
>
>Thank you Daniel;

Nice to see how you snipped out a bit there - it does change the context somewhat !

>To show my appreciation here is a poem written just for you; by Simon
>from rec.humor: Copyright is assured for its rightful owner!
>
> The Omlet of Daniel Morgan
> ===========================

<SNIP>

Cheers,
Norman.

PS. I won't be evaluating ScrambledEggs any further - I don't like Java applications as they are way too slow.

I also don't agree with your spamming every newsgroup in creation (almost) on a regular basis.

I don't agree with your choice of 'language' when some others on this NG ask you nicely (at least the first time) to please post elsewhere.

I don't use ratios to tune my databases - I have Connor McDonald's 'dial a ratio' script which *proves* that tuning the DB Cache Hit Ratio doesn't actually tune the database.

And, to crown all of that, in my perusal of many of your posts, you have a tendency to show signs of complete and utter disregard for any opinions of others, therefore, you do not get any of my business.

Have a nice day.

Cheers,
Norm.

PS. All spelling mistakes in this post are deliberate !

Remove the obvious bit to reply to my email address. Received on Mon Jun 28 2004 - 02:41:38 CDT