Re: isqlplus is not reachable

From: Can <no_at_spam.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 19:15:43 GMT

"Alison Holloway" <alison.holloway_at_oracle.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:40DFC744.8040103_at_oracle.com...
> Can wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > Some days ago the isqlplus service was reachable but now it seems
something
> > has changed - the site just doesn't show up...
> >
> > Where could I start to search for problem?
> >
> > Some useful info:
> > Oracle 10g, on Fedora Core 2
> > I don't remember having changed the firewall settings - so I guess it's
not
> > a firewall matter. The service isn't even reachable through localhost.
> > Enterprise Manager console (port 5500) is working, so the OC4J server
seems
> > to be ok.
> > I try to start isqlplus with: "isqlplusctl start"
> > output is:
> > iSQL*Plus 10.1.0.2.0
> > Copyright (c) 2004 Oracle. All rights reserved.
> > Starting iSQL*Plus ...
> > iSQL*Plus started.
> >
> > But when I try to stop it (isqlplusctl stop), it says:
> > iSQL*Plus 10.1.0.2.0
> > Copyright (c) 2004 Oracle. All rights reserved.
> >
> > Stopping iSQL*Plus ...
> > Error: Unable to find java:comp/ServerAdministrator: Lookup error:
> > java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused; nested exception is:
> > java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused
> >

> > I deleted the database once (not the whole server), and created a new
one
> > with a different name - could this be the reason? I re-ran emca, and
changed
> > the listener configuration.
> > But again: the webbased Enterprise Manager is working....
> >

> > Thanks in advance for any clues.
> >
> > kind regards,
> > Can Oezdemir
> >

> The error you are seeing when stopping iSQL*Plus occurs if iSQL*Plus
wasn't
> running in the first place. It looks like iSQL*Plus isn't starting
properly in
> the first place. iSQL*Plus runs in its own OC4J instance and is separate
from
> Enterprise Manager. Did you change anything to do with iSQL*Plus or OC4J?
>
> Alison

The difficulty for me is to decide which of my changes is affecting iSQL Plus....
I've changed entries in listener.ora, changed environmental variables, installed php, and during this installation oracle libraries where copied to a different destination. Then I overwrote 2 oracle libraries (in $ORACLE_HOME/lib), but recovered them again (for testing purposes with php).

I don't have a clue what might why isqlplus won't start...haven't seen any log entries either...

Can Received on Mon Jun 28 2004 - 14:15:43 CDT