XML Attribute to element

From: Bill Lucas <Homebrew42_at_hotmail.ccom>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2004 15:14:36 -0400

I am looking into using DBMS_XMLSAVE to put the contents of a larger XML file into a staging table where I can clean up some of the information and insert it into its final home...

Problem is the Key is in an attribute and not an element so a genericized XML Looks like this:

<Details>

    <Detail ID =1>

<Col1>SomeData</Col1>
<Col2></Col2>
<Col3>Some other data</Col3>

    </Detail>
</Details>

I can't seem to find a good example of how to deal with this... DBMS_XMLSAVE complains that it can't find the Column specified in the attribute, so I need to either specify it as an attribute or make them attributes in the document. Any Ideas on how to go about doing this... even if it is Go check out foo or bar, they can help you with what you need.

thanks,

Bill Received on Mon Jun 28 2004 - 14:14:36 CDT