Re: The new Beastie Boys cd has a virus

From: Martin Francis <mcsalty_at_com.btinternet>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 18:19:00 +0000 (UTC)

"Lensman" <president_at_whitehouse.gov> wrote in message news:r86ed05ourv6br8pupnnla2b4r48g65i0n_at_4ax.com...
> Or, you could do one of these three things
>
> 1) get a proper OS (MAC OSX or any other version of Unix) '-)
> 2) HOLD DOWN THE SHIFT KEY WHEN INSERTING CD
> 3) SWITCH OFF AUTOEXEC ON REMOVABLE DRIVES
>
> All of which will prevent the DRM trix0rs from loading
>
> Its not hard, when you think it through

Although I don't wish to do one of the following:

  1. answer to a spoofed Tony Spadaro post
  2. contribute to a crossposted troll thread
  3. defend Microsoft

... I have to add that if you hold down (IIRC) Ctrl-Alt when loading a CD on Windows, it halts the autorun procedure.

--
Martin Francis  http://www.sixbysix.co.uk
no, and yes...."