Re: The new Beastie Boys cd has a virus

From: Lensman <president_at_whitehouse.gov>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 17:24:21 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 21 Jun 2004 19:17:19 +0200, "JR" <nowayinhell_at_spam.com> wrote:

>> It destroys all the .ini files for Windows if you don't disable autoplay
>
>Well... its not that bad... but it is bad, it installs DRM related software,
>its more like spyware, or malware than a virus... but nevertheless everyone
>should boycott this CD
>
>Or if You wanna be save download it ;)
>
>JR

Or, you could do one of these three things

  1. get a proper OS (MAC OSX or any other version of Unix) '-)
  2. HOLD DOWN THE SHIFT KEY WHEN INSERTING CD
  3. SWITCH OFF AUTOEXEC ON REMOVABLE DRIVES
All of which will prevent the DRM trix0rs from loading

Its not hard, when you think it through

--
|"in the end they will lay their freedom at our feet and say |