Re: tough choices

From: Ian <ianbjor_at_mobileaudio.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 11:04:50 -0700

Noons wrote:

> Serge Rielau apparently said,on my timestamp of 21/06/2004 9:42 PM:
>

>> "organization" since it is supported in DB2 UDB for LUW at present.
>> MDC is supported in DB2 + DPF. What happens is that first the table is

> Is this DPF thing one of those famous separately priced options?

You mean like every Oracle option? According to the Oracle E-Business Global Price List (http://www.oracle.com/corporate/pricing/ePLext.pdf), the following features are separately priced options for Oracle Enterprise Edition:

      Real Application Clusters
      Partitioning
      OLAP
      Data Mining
      Spatial
      Advanced Security
      Label Security

I was suprised to learn that (range/list) partitioning costs extra on Oracle.

This is no different than DB2. DB2 UDB ESE has some add-on cost options, too:

      Database Partitioning Feature
      Net Search Extender
      Spatial Extender
      Intelligent Miner