OMS doesnt start up after reboot

From: André Hartmann <andrehartmann_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 09:25:19 +0200

Hi,

  after rebooting the computer (Win2000) that has my Oracle Management Server (9i), the OMS would not start up again. The oms.nohup gives the following message.. I am sorry that part of it is in german, but the system is in german. The critical part "VXA-2019" says something like "error when starting up the service". I "googled" the error and someone who posted the same thing got a reply regarding a faulty tnsnames.ora. However my tnsnames.ora is still correct. The computer just got rebooted and before it worked fine for many months.

  Can anyone help me to track the cause ?

Thanks,
André
:(

OEMCTL für Windows NT: Version 9.2.0.1.0 Production Copyright (c) 1998, 2002, Oracle Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten. Oracle Management Server wird hochgefahren...VXA-3008 : OMS-Dienste werden hochgefahren, bitte warten.

oracle.sysman.vxn.VxnBootstrapException: oracle.sysman.vxn.VxnBootstrapException: VXA-2019 : Fehler beim Hochfahren von Dienst: vdf
 at oracle.sysman.vxa.VxaAppServer.startServices(VxaAppServer.java:1788)  at oracle.sysman.vxa.VxaAppServer.main(VxaAppServer.java:3144)

Fehler beim Hochfahren von Oracle Management Server. oracle.sysman.vxn.VxnBootstrapException: VXA-2019 : Fehler beim Hochfahren von Dienst: vdfjava.lang.NullPointerException:  at
oracle.sysman.vdm.VdmNotificationManager.stopService(VdmNotificationManager. java:2538)

 at oracle.sysman.vxa.VxaAppServer.stopServices(VxaAppServer.java:1415)
 at oracle.sysman.vxa.VxaAppServer.exit(VxaAppServer.java:2533)
 at oracle.sysman.vxa.VxaAppServer.main(VxaAppServer.java:3166)
"Could not start management server. Initialization failure" Received on Tue Jun 08 2004 - 02:25:19 CDT