Re: OMS doesnt start up after reboot

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 18:23:10 +1000

Has the IP address on the machine changed since it did work? For example, is this DHCP, and the lease just expired?

What database did OMS store its repository in, and is that database still in working order, and can you connect to it via the tnsnames alias you say is still configured correctly?

Ultimately, you could always drop one OMS repository and re-configure another.

Also, as Daniel Morgan would say: patch to 9.2.0.4 at least. :-)

Regards
HJR "André Hartmann" <andrehartmann_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:40c569e0_at_olaf.komtel.net...
> Hi,
>
> after rebooting the computer (Win2000) that has my Oracle Management
> Server (9i), the OMS would not start up again. The oms.nohup gives the
> following message.. I am sorry that part of it is in german, but the
system
> is in german. The critical part "VXA-2019" says something like "error when
> starting up the service". I "googled" the error and someone who posted the
> same thing got a reply regarding a faulty tnsnames.ora. However my
> tnsnames.ora is still correct. The computer just got rebooted and before
it
> worked fine for many months.
>
> Can anyone help me to track the cause ?
>
> Thanks,
> André
> :(
>
> OEMCTL für Windows NT: Version 9.2.0.1.0 Production
> Copyright (c) 1998, 2002, Oracle Corporation. Alle Rechte vorbehalten.
> Oracle Management Server wird hochgefahren...VXA-3008 : OMS-Dienste werden
> hochgefahren, bitte warten.
>
> oracle.sysman.vxn.VxnBootstrapException:
> oracle.sysman.vxn.VxnBootstrapException: VXA-2019 : Fehler beim Hochfahren
> von Dienst: vdf
> at oracle.sysman.vxa.VxaAppServer.startServices(VxaAppServer.java:1788)
> at oracle.sysman.vxa.VxaAppServer.main(VxaAppServer.java:3144)
>
> Fehler beim Hochfahren von Oracle Management Server.
> oracle.sysman.vxn.VxnBootstrapException: VXA-2019 : Fehler beim Hochfahren
> von Dienst: vdfjava.lang.NullPointerException:
> at

oracle.sysman.vdm.VdmNotificationManager.stopService(VdmNotificationManager.