Re: Export of logical data model

From: André Hartmann <andrehartmann_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 09:57:25 +0200

> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > how can I export from an Oracle Schema the logical data model
(preferrable
> > as a SQL script) so that I can feed it into another database management
> > system, for example MS Access or MS SQL Server ? I would like to
emphasize
> > the "logical" part here, because the physical details (tablespaces,
pctfree,
> > ....) would not be understood by the other DBMS. So with "logical" I
mean
> > tables, indexes, constraints, views. Stored procedures and sequences are
> > considered optional because in my special case there arent so many of
those
> > and there are different ways of doing those in other systems.
>
> If you have Oracle support, see Note: 90449.1

I tried out that one. First of all its only for 8i (it says), so I tried it on 8i first (even though I am targeting on 9i) but it gave me:

Oracle8i Enterprise Edition Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production With the Partitioning option
JServer Release 8.1.7.0.0 - Production

declare
*
ERROR in line 1:
ORA-06510: PL/SQL: unhandled user-defined exception (exception)

ORA-06512: in "SYS.UTL_FILE", line 98
ORA-06512: in "SYS.UTL_FILE", line 157
ORA-06512: in line 207

> There are plenty of scripts floating about on the net to do this, as
> well as several books.

Sure, I am going to research more on that.

> Be sure and post minimal information for people to give you correct

What information where you lacking exactly ?

http://quote.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=10000103&sid=a8yRk1nepHpM&refer=news_index Received on Tue Jun 08 2004 - 02:57:25 CDT