Re: RAC for Reporting...!

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 04:07:34 +1000

Matt wrote:

> What do you think..?

Pretty sound as an idea... but if your queries are not being re-written in 8i, that's not encouraging. Yes, 9i allows rewrites to happen in many more circumstances than 8i, but it will be case of testing very carefully (obviously).

I get the impression you've thought about it a lot, and have done a lot of research on various options, and so I feel fairly confident you are going to end up adopting an appropriate and reliable solution, whatever it happens to be.

Active-Passive RAC is actually a pretty good idea (the cynic in me says 'precisely because it's not a fully-fledged RAC as she was intended to be'). Rememeber, the passive node is only passive to Oracle Net Services users. Nothing to stop you logging onto it in the confines of the server room and doing whatever you need to do. Pretty flexible all up.

Regards
HJR Received on Thu May 06 2004 - 13:07:34 CDT