Re: RAC for Reporting...!

From: Matt <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 7 May 2004 00:23:45 -0700

One other thing: do you have to use RAC Guard to implement Active/Passive RAC or is it just a case of setting ACTIVE_INSTANCE_COUNT=1 and configuring tnsnames.ora with LOAD_BALANCE=OFF. Whenever I read about Active/Passive, RAC Guard is always referred to.

I am installing 9i today so I'll give the queries a test in there. The particular query I'm having trouble with contains a correlated subquery. I think this must be causing a problem with 9i query rewrite.

I need to do some more research into the restrictions of query rewrite.

Thanks again.

Matt