Re: Database server and SQL tuning

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Fri, 07 May 2004 04:10:04 +1000

Tuhin Kumar wrote:

> The no. of transactions that I am able to achieve are 71 per seconds,
> whereas I need of the magnitude of 5000 per sec.
> Please let me know of all those things I need to tune for a better
> performance.

Execution plans.

Without those, we're not going anywhere.

Oh, and an Oracle version and a platform and some idea of your hardware might be in order. After all, 5000 inserts per second is getting a bit ambitious for a Pentium III 500MHz.... so I'm sure you don't actually *have* a Pentium III 500MHz, but what then do you have, precisely.

Regards
HJR Received on Thu May 06 2004 - 13:10:04 CDT