Re: What so special about PostgreSQL and other RDBMS?

From: rkusenet <rkusenet_at_sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 4 May 2004 21:28:18 -0400

"Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote

> Because saying so wouldn't be true. There are documented security and
> recovery practices for all of the commercial RDBMS products. There are
> books, case studies, and years of experience from industry professionals
> supporting the fact that while they may be different ... they all work.
> The same can not be said for PostgreSQL. MySQL, in this regard, has a
> far better record.
>
> Care to disagree? Fine. Provide the names of 5 major commercial
> installations of PostgreSQL.

Mine was a comment on ur attitude towards any non oracle product. I can show examples where you attacked MYSQL also. Just like you attack DB2/Informix and your pet hate object SQLServer.

You are right that MySQL has a far better record than PostgreSQL and IMO they will give all commercial RDBMS a run for their money.

I can only spell PostgreSQL. So I can't name any installations of PostgreSQL.

> There ... gave you five more for free. If you've got something to
> talk about ... name names ... otherwise stop promoting freeware
> as though it was worth more than its price.

Freeware also includes MySQL. (actually they are no longer free for profit oriented corporations) Received on Tue May 04 2004 - 20:28:18 CDT