Re: What so special about PostgreSQL and other RDBMS?

From: Mikito Harakiri <mikharakiri_nospaum_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 4 May 2004 18:37:54 -0700

Fred Emmott <pcfreak65_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<1d3lm1-js6.ln1_at_fred.lan>...
> I would recommend MySQL if you are looking for an alternative. I know
> nothing of PostgreSQL, but I know that MySQL is suitable for use as a
> high-usage database.

You are kidding, right? Out of curiosity I took a look at MySQL performance tuning manual. It's almost empty. The example where their engine picks up Cartesian Product due to type mismatch is strikingly naive. Scanning a single table by index that MySQL seems to emphasize is not a benchmark. Received on Tue May 04 2004 - 20:37:54 CDT