Re: Can Oracle save a tree?

From: Jan Gelbrich <j_gelbrich_at_westfalen-blatt.de>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 13:30:28 +0200

> How can he do that if he can't describe the structure of the
> data in the first place? XML describes structure where there is one.
> It doesn't replace or fabricate it.
>
> The problem most of these OO folks have in the first place is
> they don't have the foggiest what their data model is
> and what it can be used for. All they bother with is the GUI
> and the object model and manipulation.

 <snip>

I am not being concerned, but I take this thread as yet another proof of a clash of civilizations ... I sometimes wonder
why "they" even bother thinking about using a database at all ... if they are so cool, they should do their stuff and we ours.

(scratching my head)
Jan Received on Thu Apr 29 2004 - 06:30:28 CDT