Can't install Cluster Manager 9.2.0.1 on Fedora Core 1

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 29 Apr 2004 05:40:04 -0700

Hello guys,

I'm trying to create a test RAC installation. I'm struggling with this for second week, mostly because of very poor NBD implementation on Linux.
However, I have managed to make it (NBD) work. But another problem occured. I'm not able to install Oracle Cluster Manager on these PCs. I used Howard's hints from dizwell.com, but with no success.
I:

1. installed appropriate packages (as specified in the note)
2. did renaming and linking (ln -s ...) stuff
3. applied Oracle patch specified in note
4. run installer

It starts, I can supply information about groups, directories etc., left quorum disk specification blank (I'm going to use raws). After that instalation begins, but stops while "Link pending ...", "copying cmcfg.sbs and 98%. As typical for stupid oui, there is not a single error message.
The last line in the installation log is changing permissions on ocmstart.sh and it didn't finished.
However, I'm able to do chmod 755 on this file by hand and also cmcfg.sbs exists and is accesible for oracle user. So I do not know what went wrong. Installation is still living, because when I invoked Cancel and then cancel of Cancel, I can see info about it in the log. Any clever ideas?

--
Dusan Bolek

Email: spambin_at_seznam.cz
Pls add "Not Guilty" to the subject, otherwise your email is going to
be burnt as a SPAM.