Re: Where are the RPMs located when installing Linux

From: Dusan Bolek <pagesflames_at_usa.net>
Date: 21 Apr 2004 05:05:20 -0700

"Jay" <me_at_heyjay.com> wrote in message news:<wJOdnUrsRIeESBjd38DK-g_at_speakeasy.net>...
> Hi,
>
> This is in reference to 10.1.0.1 for Linux
>
> I was wondering if anyone knows where, on the install disk, are the RPMs
> located. Specifically, the RPMs pertaining to the ODBC generic
> connectivity? I think they may be encapsulated within some sort of archive
> (jar, zip) on the install disk but I can't find them

There are no RPMs. There is no need for them. The very purpose of RPMs is to manage instalation processes (install, uninstall, upgrade) on a server. For Oracle products this is handled by the strange beast, called Oracle Universal Installer (oui), so packing parts of Oracle 10G into RPMs would be an overkill.

--
Dusan Bolek

Email: spambin_at_seznam.cz
Pls add "Not Guilty" to the subject, otherwise your email is going to
be burnt as a SPAM.