Re: table stats

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 10:04:53 +0000 (UTC)

analyze table X estimate statistics;

    includes limited collection of column-level stats     (high, low, num_distinct, num_null)

method_opt=>null

    does not collect ANY column level stats.

I run a test case for every method_opt when I upgrade an Oracle version. (And for every variant of ANALYZE) to check which versions of analyze go with which method_opt.

Look at stats value in:

    user_tables
    user_indexes
    user_tab_columns
    user_tab_histograms

and their partitioned equivalents.
--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

April 2004 Iceland  http://www.index.is/oracleday.php
June  2004      UK - Optimising Oracle Seminar
July 2004 USA West Coast, Optimising Oracle Seminar
August 2004 Charlotte NC, Optimising Oracle Seminar
September 2004 USA East Coast, Optimising Oracle Seminar
September2004 UK - Optimising Oracle Seminar