Re: table stats

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2004 13:23:49 +0000 (UTC)

Note in-line

--
Regards

Jonathan Lewis
http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk

The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ

April 2004 Iceland  http://www.index.is/oracleday.php
June  2004      UK - Optimising Oracle Seminar
July 2004 USA West Coast, Optimising Oracle Seminar
August 2004 Charlotte NC, Optimising Oracle Seminar
September 2004 USA East Coast, Optimising Oracle Seminar
September2004 UK - Optimising Oracle Seminar

"Connor McDonald" <hamcdc_at_yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> I think on 817 the method_opt should be left to the default (which is
> not the same as 'null') to mimic standard analyze behaviour. If memory
> serves its something like 'for all columns size 1'

I believe you're right. The irritating thing is that the default for cascade is FALSE - and you need it to be true to emulate the default behaviour for analyze.