Re: Importing just one table to another schema using imp

From: Walt <walt_askier_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2004 11:40:34 -0400

Brian Peasland wrote:

> > BTW, the (partial) deal with indexes is that unique constraint indexes
> > are always imported whether you specify inedxes=n or not. I don't
> > understand why it's that way, but at least it's documented.
>
> But that's why you also want to specify CONSTRAINTS=N. If CONSTRAINTS=Y
> and INDEXES=N, then when a UNIQUE or PRIMARY KEY constraint is created,
> it will create an index to help enforce that constraint.

Unique indexes are imported regardless of the settings of the constraints and indexes parameters. i.e. setting CONSTRAINTS=N and INDEXES=N does not prevent the indexes from being imported.

This is not what one would expect, but I've verified the behavior using the show=y parameter. It's also documented on page 2-24 of the Datbase Utilities manual.

Strange.

--
//-Walt
//