Importing just one table to another schema using imp

From: Walt <walt_askier_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 18:07:49 -0400

Hello. This is a really basic question, but I can't find the answer in the Database Utilities manual.

I have a full export file and I want to restore a single table. But I don't want to overwrite the existing table, I just want to get a copy of the table as it existed a couple of days ago so I can compare the two.

A valid solution would be to do either of the two imports

export file database
myschema.mytable -> myschema2.mytable
or
myschema.mytable -> myschema.mytable2

I don't see any method for renaming the table on import (option 2 above).

And when I try to import to a different schema using FROMUSER and TOUSER it wants to import a bunch of indexes, grants, triggers etc. (even with grants=n and indexes=n in the parfile)

How do you get it to just import the table and nothing else?

Here's an example of the parfile

FULL=n
LOG=imp_8Apr2004.txt
SHOW=y