Re: Importing just one table to another schema using imp

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2004 00:23:34 GMT

"Walt" <walt_askier_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4076C3F2.9487DA1F_at_yahoo.com...
> Brian Peasland wrote:
> >
> > > BTW, the (partial) deal with indexes is that unique constraint indexes
> > > are always imported whether you specify inedxes=n or not. I don't
> > > understand why it's that way, but at least it's documented.
> >
> > But that's why you also want to specify CONSTRAINTS=N. If CONSTRAINTS=Y
> > and INDEXES=N, then when a UNIQUE or PRIMARY KEY constraint is created,
> > it will create an index to help enforce that constraint.
>
> Unique indexes are imported regardless of the settings of the
> constraints and indexes parameters. i.e. setting CONSTRAINTS=N and
> INDEXES=N does not prevent the indexes from being imported.
>
> This is not what one would expect, but I've verified the behavior using
> the show=y parameter. It's also documented on page 2-24 of the Datbase
> Utilities manual.
>
> Strange.
>
> --
> //-Walt
> //
> //

ughhhh!!!! Its *NOT* written on page 2-24 that setting indexes=n and constraints=n will not prevent unique indexes from being imported.
The only thing thats written is that indexes=n parameter does not affect the unique contraint+index creation. What Brian states is correct. You however will refuse to accept this!

Anurag Received on Mon Apr 12 2004 - 19:23:34 CDT