Re: Article about supposed "murky" future for Oracle

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 14:55:51 -0800

rkusenet wrote:

> Why should we believe your anecdote any more than you believe other anecdotes
> where claims are made that after switching from Informix to Oracle, the customer
> experienced a performance loss.

Do me a favour ... don't.

But if you think there is some way to tune Informix to be faster than DB2 or Oracle perhaps you could explain to me why this page: http://www.tpc.org/tpcc/results/tpcc_perf_results.asp?resulttype=all doesn't contain the word "Informix" anywhere on it.

In fact I'd like to see you find me any benchmark certified by a credible independent organization that supports this oft-repeated rant about how fast Informix is. Is it being used to run any major credit card company? Any major bank? Any stock exchanges? Any government databanks such as CIA, Homeland Security? NSA? FBI? Perhaps it is being used to host a major web site like Amazon.com or eBay?

Didn't think so.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu