Re: needs for testing oracle database

From: EMW <SomeOne_at_MicroSoft.Com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:51:09 +0100

I'm writing a program that stores reports and foto's in a database. Up to now I used SQL server to test it on.
Since I don't have an SQL server, microsoft provides a SQLserver for developers to put on their PC for free.

Since the program is to be used at my office and they don't have SQL server either but use Oracle, I need to convert my program to use the Oracle database.

I just downloaded the Oracle 9i files and are ready to install it but there are a lot of choices to make in the installation setup and I only want to install that part that I need for testing my program.

Could you tell me what exactly I need to install, so my program has a database to connect to to make it's tables? thanks.

rg,
Eric

"Hans Forbrich" <hforbric_at_yahoo.net> schreef in bericht news:_ex3c.182697$Hy3.134489_at_edtnps89...