How to get version of server connected to without sys authority?

From: alederer <alederer_at_gmx.at>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 10:59:33 +0100

Hallo!

I have a application written in Pro*C embedded sql which needs to get the version of the database to which it is connected.

The best format is like a select version from v$instance.

The Problem is that this select can't be executed as normal database user because the v$instance view is not available.

Is there a way in Pro*C embedded sql to get the server version? There is a function OCIServerVersion, is it possible to use it in my embedded sql code? If yes, how?

Where can I find the necessary informations?

thanks
andreas Received on Thu Mar 11 2004 - 03:59:33 CST