Re: needs for testing oracle database

From: Hans Forbrich <hforbric_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2004 16:21:49 GMT

EMW wrote:
> I'm writing a program that stores reports and foto's in a database. Up to
> now I used SQL server to test it on.
> Since I don't have an SQL server, microsoft provides a SQLserver for
> developers to put on their PC for free.
>
> Since the program is to be used at my office and they don't have SQL server
> either but use Oracle, I need to convert my program to use the Oracle
> database.
>
> I just downloaded the Oracle 9i files and are ready to install it but there
> are a lot of choices to make in the installation setup and I only want to
> install that part that I need for testing my program.
>
> Could you tell me what exactly I need to install, so my program has a
> database to connect to to make it's tables?
> thanks.
>
> rg,
> Eric

You can install the Personal Edition. That will give the same capabilities as the Enterprise Edition.

To manipulate photos you probably want to look at the 'Intermedia' feature that is available with all 3 editions of the database.

Check out http://otn.oracle.com/obe.start and look at the installation section - it gives detailed instructions and screen shots.

/Hans Received on Thu Mar 11 2004 - 10:21:49 CST