Re: yipeee!

From: Serge Rielau <srielau_at_ca.eye-be-em.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 09:22:39 -0500

My DB2 "offer" would be DB2 without DPF on two AIX boxes (OP wants AIX it seems). The seoncd box licenced as idle standby only (1 CPU). With clusterware to handle the failover. This is under the assumption that a rewrite of the app to a relational DBMS is intended.
There is not enough information to home in on which edition or box-size to home in to.

It seems Mark A. believes CICS would be less invasive. I'm not familiar with either VSE or CICS so I keep my mouth shut.

Let's presume 100% scalability for RAC (if you want to use it) for the sake of math (and to not start another flame war) and similar resource requirements (AIX, RAM/box, comparable disk overall).

Your turn
Serge

--
Serge Rielau