Re: yipeee!

From: Mike <mikee_at_mikee.ath.cx>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 22:55:31 -0000

In article <bvtjk7$bvp$1_at_hanover.torolab.ibm.com>, Serge Rielau wrote:
> My DB2 "offer" would be DB2 without DPF on two AIX boxes (OP wants AIX
> it seems). The seoncd box licenced as idle standby only (1 CPU).
> With clusterware to handle the failover.
> This is under the assumption that a rewrite of the app to a relational
> DBMS is intended.
> There is not enough information to home in on which edition or box-size
> to home in to.
>
> It seems Mark A. believes CICS would be less invasive. I'm not familiar
> with either VSE or CICS so I keep my mouth shut.
>
> Let's presume 100% scalability for RAC (if you want to use it) for the
> sake of math (and to not start another flame war) and similar resource
> requirements (AIX, RAM/box, comparable disk overall).
>
> Your turn
> Serge

Yes, AIX and I'm thinking of 2-4 p650 with 8 cpu and 8gb running disk off an ESS (shark). Instead of HACMP I'm looking for something where I can take a node out of the 'cluster' for maintenance, etc., then re-insert it back into the cluster and it will 'catch up' on the changes it missed.

For a phased approach I'm thinking
- move entirely to CICS/AIX
- move the VSAM to DB2 on the AIX box