Re: Oracle For Fun

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 08:05:30 -0800

Jeff wrote:

> In article <1075392160.811682_at_yasure>, Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:
>

>>The point of putting these out here is not that there is a single
>>correct answer ... but rather to give anyone interested a chance to
>>challenge their own abilities and for beginners to see not only new
>>possible solutions ... but that there are many possible solutions.

> I for one appreciate the effort and its potential value to the entire Oracle
> community (beginner and experienced). I hope you continue to provide these
> little exercises. If you do, please post them under the same thread so that
> they'll stand out from the crowd when looking for them.

Over the weekend I'm going to put all of the solutions into a benchmark and then publish the results.

But be forwarned ... The Regular Expressions solution, at least with 10g Beta 2, is not going to win any awards for speed. Where's that Beta 15 I requested Mark? ;-)

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu
(replace 'x' with a 'u' to reply)