Re: add new user to oracle ??

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2004 08:00:56 -0800

Cookie Monster wrote:

> "raf" <legendr_at_poczta.onet.pl> wrote in message
>

>>Hi I'm new guy a I don't now how to do this
>>Please help me ;-) !!!
>>

> create user fred identified by password
> temporary tablespace temp
> default tablespace mydata
> quota 10M on mydata
>
> You need to replace the temp and default tablespaces with your own.
>
> check:
>
> select * from dba_tablespaces;
>

> Cookie.

Sorry cookie monster ... but given the OPs question your response will likely cause problems. Let me suggest a modfication:

  1. log on as SYS
  2. identify available tablespaces

SELECT tablespace_name
FROM dba_tablespaces
WHERE tablespace_name NOT IN ('SYSTEM','TEMP', 'RBS', 'UNDOTBS1');

3. create user

CREATE UESR <user_name>
IDENTIFIED BY <password>
DEFAULT TABLESPACE <tablespace_returned from the above query> TEMPORARY TABLESPACE temp
QUOTA 0 ON SYSTEM
QUOTA <unlimited | 10M> ON <tablespace_returned from the above query>;

GRANT create session TO <user_name>;
GRANT <other_privileges> TO <user_name>;

Do not grant the CONNECT, RESOURCE, OR DBA roles. Learn the sysystem privileges and grant those required.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu