Re: Oracle For Fun

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 30 Jan 2004 14:34:59 -0800

jeff_at_work.com (Jeff) wrote in message news:<bvdo31$7b0$1_at_cronkite.cc.uga.edu>...
> In article <1075392160.811682_at_yasure>, Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu> wrote:
>
> >The point of putting these out here is not that there is a single
> >correct answer ... but rather to give anyone interested a chance to
> >challenge their own abilities and for beginners to see not only new
> >possible solutions ... but that there are many possible solutions.
>
> I for one appreciate the effort and its potential value to the entire Oracle
> community (beginner and experienced). I hope you continue to provide these
> little exercises. If you do, please post them under the same thread so that
> they'll stand out from the crowd when looking for them.

I think this is better than publishing in a mag because it shows how various people solve the problems. Or not solve them :-)

Summaries might well be classically publishable. "Oracle Power Tools" like http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0596003307/qid=1075501600/sr=2-1/ref=sr_2_1/002-5857409-8860056 anyone?

jg

--
@home.com is bogus