Re: ORA-03113 Error

From: Al Willis <alwillisj01_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2004 16:16:08 -0600

Paul,

Thanks for your patient answer.

I'm only using the version of Oracle downloaded from their website. I'm just a poor developer trying to get Oracle to work with my application.

When I try the query from SQL*Plus I get the following errors:

SP2-0642: SQL*Plus internal error state 2133, context 0:0:0 Unsafe to proceed
SP2-0642: SQL*Plus internal error state 2221, context 4294967295:4:0 Unsafe to proceed

I tried using the following and it worked:

SELECT A.* FROM IM.LOOPDAT A
WHERE LOOPNO IN (
SELECT DISTINCT XA.LOOPNO FROM IM.LOOPDAT XA LEFT OUTER JOIN IM.LOOPCON XB ON XB.LOOPNO = XA.LOOPNO WHERE (XA.LOOPNO LIKE '24%') ) Unfortunately this doesn't work when I have more than one search field.

As you've hinted I may have a problem with the number of fields in the table. I believe that I have a valid reason for the table structure and it works OK under Interbase, and SQL Server. The end-users really don't have to manually input into the fields. My application populates most, (but not all) of the fields. However for searches and updates all of the fields have to be available whether they are in one table or spread among several.

I had reduced the problem down to the minimum for problem reproduction. My application is really joining 8 tables to LOOPDAT, not just the 1 that I showed. I just hated to have to split up LOOPDAT because of the additional work that it entails. My application is being written to handle 6 different database backends, so I may have to bite the bullet one more time and make a change to accommodate a database that responds differently to some particular input or setup. From reading the newsgroup postings on ORA-03113, it seems to be somewhat difficult to solve, so I going to surrender now and take a different path.

Many thanks for your help.

Al Received on Fri Jan 09 2004 - 16:16:08 CST