Re: hyperthreading

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 9 Jan 2004 14:42:18 -0800

Connor McDonald <connor_mcdonald_at_yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<3FFE8015.5820_at_yahoo.com>...
> Joel Garry wrote:
> >
> > Looks like I'll be dealing with some dual Xeons. Anybody know if
> > Oracle performs better under XP than W2K? (avoiding I/O issues, of
> > course).
> >
> > Background discussion of hyperthreading:
> > http://www.2cpu.com/articles/ht_explored/ht_2.html
> >
> > jg
> > --
> > @home.com is bogus.
> > http://www.raw-footage.com/BDH01/BDH2001.htm
>
> 10G (beta) is only certified against W2K, though production will be
> against XP as well I'm told...But that does tell you something about how
> much testing v10 testing has been against XP :-)

Does it? I think it only tells me they had a bunch of W2K machines around when they certified.

However, if they replaced most of those with Linux, you might have a very significant point :-)

Now all we need is the 2.6 kernel and Oracle properly threaded to use it.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.linux.org/news/2004/01/09/0006.html