Merry Christmas, Happy New Year and a pleasant Australia Day

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 15:03:36 +1100

About a year late, it is true. But this evening I finally get to move to the house I've built on a 10-acre property deep in Sydney's South West. Peace and quiet at last.

There's just one slight problem. Australia's premier telecommunications company (Telstra, if anyone wants to send some brickbats on my behalf) doesn't have any telephone lines in the vicinity, and won't have until at least January 23rd. Which means I'm offline for slightly over a month (this, by the way, is an urgent and prioritised installation!).

Time to do lots of writing, I suppose. But no chance of newsgroup participation until then (almost certainly). A friendly local Internet cafe means I will occasionally read emails, but it will be about twice a week, and replies will accordingly be rather slow coming.

I wanted to live in the countryside. I hadn't realised I was going to have to time-travel back to somewhere before the 1940's for the privilege!!

Happy holidays, nontheless.
HJR

--

Oracle insights at www.dizwell.com