Re: Running Instances on Windoz

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_yahoo.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2003 00:47:28 GMT

Joel Garry wrote:

> Hey, I did the VMS <--> unix shift-world-view for years, so I don't
> have a problem spewing out a truly foul taste of W.

Was that 'W', as in MIT's pre-'X', or as in 'the other guy'.

Since the Windows license precludes publishing benchmarks [unless they are TCP, which generally means twisted by gurus with access to internals (regardless of vendor)], is it time to start publishing benchmark harnesses instead to let people check for themselves?

I find Windows fine until something serious happens and I can 'point & click' my way into oblivion as well as the next guy. I just don't understand why things do a subtle shift every once in a while, requiring a full reinstall & repatch about every 9-12 months - in every Windows system I own. Received on Mon Dec 01 2003 - 18:47:28 CST