Re: Export, Create, Import Users

From: Brian Peasland <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 20:09:40 GMT

You can export the entire database with FULL=Y. This will get all users and their objects. It will also have the CREATE USER statements in the FULL export. If you export with OWNER and then import with FROMUSER, you will have to precreate the user in the database.

HTH,
Brian

Dave wrote:

> In my database, I have roughly 80 users. How do export each user, create
> the users accounts in the destination database, and import them into the new
> database without manually doing each one? Does anyone have any SQL scripts
> or are there any tools availble that do this?
>
> I am trying to import all the data from a database to a new database and
> this is the first error I caught (user does not exist).
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Dave

Brian Peasland
dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com