Re: Export, Create, Import Users

From: Dave <JustShutUp_at_azwhole.com>
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 16:42:03 -0400

"Brian Peasland" <dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com> wrote in message news:3F43D584.7FED9DE5_at_remove_spam.peasland.com...
> You can export the entire database with FULL=Y. This will get all users
> and their objects. It will also have the CREATE USER statements in the
> FULL export. If you export with OWNER and then import with FROMUSER, you
> will have to precreate the user in the database.
>
> HTH,
> Brian

Ok,
  My admin user is MILLORA. I have created that user on the new database, created all the tablespaces, and granted permissions on the database. I will try the export full=y tonight and import it tomorrow using the MILLORA account.

exp userid=MILLORA/*** file=m:\millennium\millennium_full.exp owner=MILLORA log=m:\millennium\millennium_sys.log consistent=y

I will just add 'full=y' to the end of that? Just want to make sure since my export takes about 2 hours. Received on Wed Aug 20 2003 - 15:42:03 CDT